Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fellowship

Went to try out a fellowship.

It had the feeling of new-ness. People didn't really know everybody else, there were a lot of new or just moved-in types of people. There wasn't exactly a core group either. Not entirely welcoming.

Didn't particularly like the format of basing the Bible discussion off the sermon from Sunday. Too redundant.

Very similar to CCF style, except people actually talked without prompting, ha.

On the whole, I was a little disappointed. Not sure if my expectations are a little off because I'm in the post-grad life and people don't have as much time to really invite you to things or go about their way to make you feel welcome.
But also, it really had the feeling of new-ness. Like people were uncertain of the group, either uncomfortable or whatever, to say anything too deep.
It makes me think of what CCF might have been way back when. Maybe?

It was about covenant love. But honestly? Nobody said anything of substance, in my mind. It all boiled down to "God has covenant love for us". Great, but no talk about how that changes our life style or how that affects our lives. It was just, tell us about a situation where you've seen it?

Ugh. This is going to sound silly too, but everybody felt too happy there. Maybe I am just a dark and twisty, cynical soul that likes dark corners... but... I felt like I could see bubbles and sunshine and rainbows. D:

But hey, it's all first impressions.
And God did sorta kinda lead me there maybe kinda.


A little discouraged by the amount of time it takes to find fellowship and a church. It always feel like I'm wasting time if I'm just trying out a place and not committing, because in the end, those connections are just disappearing.
And I'm always thinking about what I should be studying :(
bad.

Ah that was the other thing. They weren't med. Or dental. Like... none of them. Not sure if plus or minus.

I wish transitioning were easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment