Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two thoughts.

One. That faith is unreasonable. It is not something that can be reasoned through, not something that you can measure the risk factors and come to a quantitative conclusion that it is the right thing to do. To trust the other party. It is not something that "makes sense", except perhaps in your heart. Because faith comes from knowing who God is. Not because I can calculate the exact number of times trusting God turned out the way I wanted or that even if I logicked it out it would make sense in that way. It's hard when I cannot rely on reason. Because that means I am not relying on myself and my own abilities. 

Two. That I cannot treat finding a fellowship in a consumerist attitude. What do I get out of it? Because in the end, fellowship is not just about me, but about building a community that pleases God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment