Thursday, September 11, 2014

Empathy part II

We only know how to relate things to our own experiences.
Think of this like that, but better (or worse). It's about relativity.

I think I can understand grace a little better now, in the best and worst way possible.

Being completely and utterly convinced of your failures.
Resigned to the consequences you have made for yourself
Bracing yourself for the consequence

And only receiving grace and empathy.
It is undeserved. You know it is undeserved.

It is not relief. It is not a feeling that "you got off the hook" because you didn't, not really.
It's a bit of disbelief. Why would you? You had every right...
It's a bit of awe. Or maybe that's not the right word. Gratefulness, or love, or utter respect. That grace is given rather than condemnation.

But I extrapolate.
Regardless, I think I understand a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment