Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Make things clear.

I don't want you to misunderstand. I don't hate the "typical Sunday school response". If it is what you are thinking. But if you are just using it as a phrase to fall back on, or a cliche to comfort someone without truly understanding what you are saying, then I hate it. Because they become platitudes instead of true responses.

It is the sincerity that matters. Not that you have said something particularly enlightening or helpful or particularly Godly to encourage me, etc etc. It's not about you "saying the right thing".

Truth asks for truth.
Vulnerabilities ask for vulnerabilities in response.

And a response that is filled with meaningless, canned answers, means nothing to me.
But all of that is different if you mean what you say.
If you mean what you say truly, truly, truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment