Friday, March 4, 2016

Wisteria

Oh my gosh.

The wisteria trees have bloomed all around my school and I am in love. If you have never walked by a wisteria tree in bloom, you need to rectify that in your life someday. Gorgeous hanging purple blossoms all over the tree, and the intoxicating sweet scent of florals that you can smell from so many steps away. It really makes me unconsciously smile, even if I'm walking into the hospital at 5 AM.

It is a childhood scent.
The kind that dives straight into memories and half remembered dreams.
It's the memory of riding a purple bicycle around the neighborhood block, hating the feel of the helmet but trying to make my mom happy, enjoying getting baked by the Texas sun and riding fast enough to make a breeze against my skin.
And then stopping at the house that had the beautiful purple flower tree. Inhaling great big breaths to smell it all. Trying to pick a blossom, but a little too scared of the bees. Finally darting in and grabbing a forlorn petal as my prize that I stored in my treasure closet for years until it faded.

Wisteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment