Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Duology

Two non-related things:

First:
Something medical. Two articles talking about why patients sometimes do not take their medications - but not in the sense of "oh blah blah noncompliance idiot patient", but really trying to understand why.

And honestly - coming from an asian background where acupuncture, herbal teas, and the freaking nasty yi ren fen are used; or the mentality that "pills are not good for you", some of it is scarily true for my parents (and even me).

This article first: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMms1409015
Then this: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/shedding-light-on-unreasonable-decisions



Second:
This quote struck the right notes with me:

She told him the truth. “I have never lost a love and I do not intend to. One can only lose love if one is careless, and I am never careless. You might say, really, that of anything I am best at caring, at paying close attention and minding what I’ve got. "

No comments:

Post a Comment