Friday, January 16, 2015

Goals and pondering thoughts

Small group thoughts:
What a different group of girls we all are. I think, in all honesty, it makes it much harder for me to open up more vulnerably. It's not even a conscious thing. Just an underlying feeling of unease, where I am still measuring what words to say and how the group will respond. Whereas in another group, in which I know that there is more similarity in thought processes, I might feel greater urge to share other thoughts.
So I am blessed for having such a group of girls in the past where sharing came more easily. And now blessed for being able to grow without that kind of initial bond of familiarity. I must put in more effort to connect.

I am starting to also see how my responsibilities shape my interactions. Duty. Responsibility. How many times do I have repeat that?
When there is no lines to say and an undefined part given, I tend to lurk in the background. I must not see myself as a bystander, or a receiver, but a giver.

Goals:
I have been slacking on this. My mantra was just "survive". Which is really no goal at all.
I said a goal in sg today, and hopefully I can learn this year and not just float downstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment