Thursday, June 9, 2016

hard questions

i've been asked a lot of hard questions recently. And I don't have good answers for any of them.
I wish life was more black and white.
I wish life had a instruction manual.
I wish life had markers like trails do, to tell you that you are on the right track, that you have made it to the next bench mark.

I am tired, even if I sleep at 9 pm. I am burned out, running on the last drops of oil. I am sick of everything. I want to complain about everything, even though I don't have much to complain about.

Laugh with the rest of your energy. Smile because it is necessary.
Keep going because there is no other option.

----

We had to do something called "Priorities" in class. You write down, physically, on pieces of paper - six of your greatest priorities. Family, friends, career, God, hobbies, whatever. Then. Physically tear up two of them.
And then do it again.
And then tear up another one until only one is left.
It's a little disconcerting to actually go through that.
What is sacrificed first?
What is left?

---

pour water on this body
because i am cracked and dry
i am yearning

---

Just a little more, please.
It is possible. It is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment