Friday, May 27, 2022

Just ramblings

 I have had a lot of thoughts in the last few months, heck even years. I have been neglecting blogging these days, mostly from lack of motivation. And with that, lost some of my reflections on going ons. I have had a lot of big life changes recently. Gotten engaged, then courthouse married, and now ceremony married. I bought a house, got a dog, passed my boards, found a new job, am now in my thirties. I technically hit a lot of "life milestones". Of course yes I am happy, I am content. But the predominant feeling is a sense that - life goes on. No matter the decisions you make, life keeps going along and we all get older. Time stops for no one and we must make the most of the short time we have on earth. 

Relationships has been the area of biggest growth for me, for obvious reasons. And I have come to the realization that truly my upbringing has stunted me emotionally romantically. Stephen had to break down all my walls and conservation about dating, he waited patiently for me to accept that we were even dating, he gave me space but was intentional about meeting. He pursued, he waited, he was certain about his own feelings. And I think that if left to my own thoughts and devices, I might never have found or dated anyone. I am lucky he waited for me. But yeah, he's lucky he found me too ha. 

I don't think marriage changes anything big. It simply announces and confirms what is already there and places a label on it for the rest of the world to understand. But the day to day? Exactly the same. I wonder what the future holds.   

No comments:

Post a Comment