Thursday, July 24, 2014

graduate school, a prayer

feeling a little sorrowful for many of my friends - hopefully not in an arrogant or condescending manner.

but oh Lord! Why are so many of my friends wrestling with their spiritual lives?
I think it is graduate school, it's this stage of life.
I mean even myself. It's been hard to keep good perspective of importance. This entire first year last year was just me strugglebusing and pretending i was in control the entire time. fake it till you make it right? until not really.

But now that I feel like I'm mildly on my feet and I am honestly praying for other people (and not just those selfish prayers, or those help-me-Lord), I am struck all over again by how important it is to pray for other people. And how much other people need it. Heck, I need prayer.

It's like that sermon on Sunday. Do not disdain a self-sacrificing gift because you are not doing so out of humbleness. That is a lie. You are denying it because of a unconscious arrogance that you do not need it.
And for prayer. Oh, Lord. Those I know, keep them carefully in your hands and lord, just remind them of your grace, your beauty, your strength, and your everlasting presence.

I lift these people up to you Lord, because you have the power to change them, to give them the strength to change their stagnation or their situations.

Their fears - remind them that You are stronger! If you are for them, then who can be against them!?

If they have forgotten what is most important, remind them. Not the things of this world, not the grades we receive, the things on our resumes, our status in life, not even the social interactions we have with people. But you, oh lord.

Remind them, Lord. Remind them. Remind me. Do not let us forget that we are yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment