Sunday, July 13, 2014

Quite Frankly

Quite frankly, my darlings, I am feeling marvelous.

Even though there's a quiz tomorrow and I'm not exactly 100% prepared, I'm pretty close, I'd say.

But today was just marvelous.

Even though the church I went to didn't have AC the entire time and was probably about 87 degrees F, I quite liked it. The worship was beautiful and I felt like I knew people. People were friendly, the sermon was so-so, and I think I will stay. In the end, it really is the people that makes a church, a community.
I think I tried too hard at the Mission. It could have worked, I am pretty sure, if I put in more time, more energy. But it got to the point where it was more of a trial than a place to praise God with other people.

Today was quite marvelous. Yesterday was good. Games (telephone-pictionary that made me literally cry from laughing so hard) and cake. A few internal cringe moments, but other than that, it was good. Yesterday was good.

But today was splendid, despite studying for most of the day.
(I know my dorsal column/medial lemniscus pathways, I know my lesions, my anxiety meds.)
But beyond that, it is because I actually feel like things are changing in the right direction.

Grounding myself in a church, starting something I've always wanted to do but never really could bring myself to commit, making certain I have adequate time to study, being on top of emails, being on top of lecture, and also not being content with the friendships I have already made and treasured - but actively going out and seeking to make connections in this place.

It is a good day.
It is a marvelous day. 

And all glory to God

No comments:

Post a Comment