Monday, August 24, 2015

Quick thoughts

1. Busyness
- I think I am always happier when I am busy. I don't know if this because too much reflection makes me think more negative thoughts or if it's because I just like getting things done and there's that sense of accomplishment. Who knows. Regardless, I like third year a lot.

2. Family Med
- I really hated my first week for a various number of reasons. But it's the second week and I am not as annoyed. There is a lot of listening and guided questioning that needs to happen. I don't think I will ever like it, but I think I can end up doing the things I need to well.
- does empathy ever burn out?
- how much of the conversation should talk about money and cost?
- how much of a difference do you make?
- it's so slow....

3. Perceptions
- I realize that now even I have lost some sense of "normal weight". When I see on the chart that the patient is 300 lbs, I think okay, big guy. I see the actual person and I'm like, oh well, I've seen much worse. Isn't it weird? That the extremes of an obese person can severely change the perceptions of other people (who are still obese) just because of comparison.

4. Appreciation
- I appreciate a lot of little things right now.

5. Worry
- I worry too much. Or is it that I think too much?

6. What kind of dancer am I?
- I asked this to my partner. The response was this: You are sensitive to cues, but sometimes you read into cues that aren't there.
- Is this true for other aspects of my life?

7. Pediatrics
- If I hate everything else, I would love to be a specialized pediatrician. There are definitely more than one attending that I would really not mind being in 10 years.

8. Prayer
- God knows that I am weak. So He has given much.
- Prayer needed, prayer given, prayer for family and friends

9. Excited for visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment