Monday, August 22, 2016

Quick Thoughts

Quick Life Thoughts (i.e. in which i muse upon several small topics and proceed to have no greater insights than to just document a messy life)

1. Small Group
- glad this is restarting. we'll see how successful it is... i am a little doubtful due to uhh.... personalities..... but still hopeful.
- this stuff -the sharing- is one of the main the reason why I think {religion}{God}{Christianity} is worth it. It is not the right reason for many reasons. And I know that. But right now, it is one of the main ones that is keeping me here. Community.

2. Online Dating/Dating Apps as a girl
- Uh yeah. It is actually weirdly easy to be a girl on a dating app. The limiting factor is me.... And how picky I want to be, I guess.

3. Future anxieties
- They are almost overwhelming. But what can I do but grit my teeth and carry forward? This too shall pass.... hopefully.
- Talking in small group - where everyone was voicing almost the same worries... it's so ridiculous that we all feel such similar emotions, and yet feel so alone in them at the same time.

4. Guitar
- It's coming along. I think I have a lot of trouble with songs I don't know by heart. And off-beat rhythm. I want to try to figure out a way to get better at improv, certain chords, transitioning, and learning songs without just chord strumming. It's really, really fun though. I don't know why this stuff is so fun as an adult, compared to as a kid when I had violin lessons. I almost wish I had the time (and money) for guitar lessons. I seriously regret/squandered all my kid lessons growing up. I could have done so much more for them.

5. Counting blessings
- Every day. Every day.

6. OR
- I like the OR. I do. We'll see how much I like it in the future though :/

No comments:

Post a Comment