Sunday, September 4, 2016

Groups

Had two fairly distinctive group outings this weekend so far. Both of them sorta kinda first time with the group, except for a friends that invited me into the group. 

First: A small group grill out. It was really fun. Serious CCF vibes in terms of feel of the group. Umm, a lot more type B than type A planning though. :/ (so not efficient). One of the pastors hung out with the group, which I thought was wow pretty indicative of the type of community they're trying to run, I was pretty impressed. The food was great, the company extremely welcoming and open. Good people, genuine conversations. Most of them sorta related to medical stuff, a lot of them had ink - I like that too. The only thing I worry about is that I might try to superimpose my experience from college into this new group. Not everything needs to be done the same. 

Second. Went floating on the river and loved it. It was a lot of pharmd's and a handful of med. I would love it even more if I went with a huge bunch of my good friends. I seriously wish a bunch of people weren't spread out across the country just so we could all float on the river together. 

I know the stereotype is loud, drunk people getting more drunk on the river.
But I swear it's super relaxing and the ultimate chill day. Super peaceful, a lovely balance of cold water and hot sun (getting that vitamin D yeah!), languid conversation, a couple of little rapids for excitement, the hilariousness of trying to stay together. It's great. With or without alcohol. And then if it's a group of close friends? Gah, it'd be a perfect hangout. 

Thoughts: Haha so different. I liked them both.  

No comments:

Post a Comment