Thursday, December 22, 2016

Almost Christmas

1. Christmas
For some weird reason, it really, really does not feel like it's almost Christmas - despite the semi-advent things that I've been doing with friends. I've even wrapped a gift or two. And it still doesn't "feel" like it. I wonder what I'm missing? Or maybe it's because I'm still in San Antonio. And that makes more of a difference because I'm not with family.

2. For Remembrance
One of my favorite nights with the girls in my small group. Hot drinks, lovely, bright twinkly lights on the trees, a night of walking and talking, looking at the stars, good conversation. Minus demon cat biting me :(
Another close favorite was the ridiculous six pots of tea night just because.
Friends are God blessed.
Let me never take them for granted.

3. Presents
I seriously wish my family had more traditions. The main reason is because it's too much of a bother. These days I'm starting to realize that almost everything that is worth something requires effort. Finding presents for people. Visiting someone who is sick. Leaving the comfortable bed to hang out with people. Planning a trip. Hobbies and skills. All of it is time and effort and dedication. And I want to be more diligent about it all.

Of course there are the days where I can't even leave my bed because of laziness.... but it's an ongoing process, okay? ha

4. Late nights
Caught up with an old friend. I was struck by how he was the same, but not the same. Is that weird? I wish I knew how much I've changed since college.
.... and if it was for the better.

The quote that I love: may the space between where I am and where I want to be inspire me. 

5. Love
Everybody wants to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment