Thursday, January 14, 2016

BREAKDOWN

1. EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS.
- nobody knows the behind the scenes of another person's life. struggles are inevitable. people have different problems.
- your difficulties are not necessarily easier not more difficult than anyone else's.
- their difficulties do not invalidate yours. If their happiness does not invalidate your happiness, why should their difficulties? Struggles are not a competition. 

2. EXPECTATIONS
- work hard, expect little.
- plan for the worst, hope for the best.
- realize that my own expectations for myself are practically delusional. be hopeful, but realistic. 
- don't be too hard on yourself when things don't go to plan.

3. BE INTERESTED
- to be interesting, one must first be interested [currently, i am realizing how boring i am. clearly i must rectify this.]
- i need to lose my self-consciousness, my fear of the unknown, my desire to not look stupid, my inability to go try new things by myself.
- be bold.

4. DELAYED GRATIFICATION
- two cookies if you wait 15 minutes
- I CAN DO THIS.

The mantra to repeat:
I CAN DO THIS.
THIS IS DOABLE.
EVERYTHING I AM DOING IS WORTH DOING.
THIS IS INTERESTING. I WANT TO PUT MY TIME HERE.
IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

have i convinced myself yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment