Thursday, January 21, 2016

Win of the day.

I ran for 50 minutes without stopping today. 
Because I could. And can. So I did. 

This is mind boggling to me. 

It really is mind over matter. 

And it really is a matter of working up to it. 

My goal is inversions though. 

----

I always said that I wasn't a marathon runner, but a sprinter. But truth be told, I was more like a lazy walker that occasionally moved a bit faster to pretend like I was a sprinter. I'm still not a marathon runner. But I kinda see how it works now. At a certain point, your muscles just realize, well that's just how it's gonna be, and they keep on going. And I think I could literally close my eyes and my arms and legs will keep on moving. 

---

Anyways. 
I'm tired. And I need to study. 
Food. Then shower. Then books. Then bed. 
Maybe I'll sneak in a cookie or two as well. 

------ 

ALSO. Today I got freaking QUIZZED on what movies I've seen in my childhood (like... None at all because I'm a book girl, not a movie girl, and my dad always hogged the tv for basketball so I never watched tv shows and I don't like watching movies by myself and fine I guess I might have had socially deprived childhood). But NO I did not see Clueless (or even know about that movie), or Dumb and Dumber, or Forest Gump, or Scary Movie, or [insert a million other movies and tv shows]. No I don't know those actors or actresses. No I didn't really watch The Price is Right or Jeopardy or know who the hosts are/were. NO, okay?? And asking me about other ones is not going to change that!!!
And their reactions were just pure disbelief.
They literally said this, verbatim. 
 "I'm surprised you're so normal"
"It's like she's never seen a tv."
WELL. Excuse me! 
Ask me a book question instead. 

(I know. I'm a nerd). 

I want to read a book for fun now. 
Un Lun Dun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment