Monday, September 21, 2015

Easy

Is there anything in life that comes easy?

Grace, you say.
I nod, but what comes after grace is obedience to God's will - which is not, and never will be, easy.

Laughter, perhaps.
Maybe. But for me, social situations are never a matter of rest, but of anticipation and consideration.

Love, then.
I laugh. Never. Love is not easy. It is emotions and responsibility and working through things together. It's dedication and persistence. And is any of that easy?


Selfishness, perhaps, comes easy. And apathy. And all of the negative traits that settle on me like a layer of dust when an object never ever moves.

I suppose sleep comes easy after a long day as well. Or maybe enjoyment. Enjoyment can be easy sometimes.

Everything in life feel difficult right now.
Effort.
Responsibility
I ought to do so.

I envy the people that make it look so effortless. Of course it might not be for them, but all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment