Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Senior Trip, Part II

I am tired but glad. Life is a lot of blessings. I think emotions are labile and everything is fleeting. So that makes this moment -this one, right now- something to be thankful for.

Continued on with this ridiculous transcription of senior trip because if I don't get it done now, I never will.

----
Day 2 - May 4th

Woke up at ~9 AM. Great sleep ^^
Got the continental breakfast with Heaven (eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastry). Dana skipped to shower.

Left the hotel (I tipped) and went straight to Carnival area to drop car & baggage off. Got a little turned around when trying to park/leave baggage, but it all worked out.

Walked out and went to the French quarter.
So beautiful, really~
Street musicians & artists and little niche stores with masks and flowy dresses and fortune telling and art galleries. The street performers like statues, the magicians. All against the backdrop of a worn down city colored brightly with pastels. The crumbling cobblestones and rusted metal. But oh the beauty of the detailed fences and the living greenery and the music playing down the street in lilting strings or soulful blues.
I love it, I love it, I love it.
[French quarter of New Orleans is a beautiful place in my memory. It has a certain old timey feel to it where even the air feels drenched in history and charm and depth. Art and beauty and sleeping dreams. If I could, I would want to go back.]

Went to Cafe Amelie, but the wait was long so we left for the Cathedral Jaucson - a beautiful Catholic church - white and stained glass.

Went back to the cafe and finally got seated after another 20 min wait - whereupon I talked to a friend's friend about politics.
The food was not worth it. Got gumbo, but it was too salty. Still yummy, but not worth the price...

Walked back to the cruise and finally met up with the whole gang as we boarded the ship. [I seem to remember security stopping David because he brought his full water bottle - and then didn't want to "waste water" so he started chugging H20. I remember us joking about Dana's passport and if there was going to be any trouble.]

Just like the last one! Everything is the same! [same as the cruise as the one I went with my family. Down to the very same stairs in the entrance to the lobby areas, so familiar!] We wandered around, stared at things, oriented ourselves, and went to dinner.

Ate so much. Ate escargot and duck; pork chop; and a ton of desserts.
And after, we tried to walk around, but Dana, Aurelia, David, and I sat down to eat fruit, cheese, and tea.

Tired.... a little tired of people. Also I am a little pissed off thoughtful and of the mindset that I'll never ask [this person] for food. I don't think [that person] cares at all. Effort is all I ask. But now I am tired and recharging. Feeling full but happy.

I was so happy in New Orleans. Everything was so beautiful and so inspiring. I hope to remember this.

-later-

Went back to the room to journal, but at around 10 pm, we were scheduled to return to the library to play; but I stayed until 10:30. There, we played Nerts and talked a little. I left moderately early around 12 AM to sleep.

So tired.

-end of second day-

No comments:

Post a Comment