Sunday, September 13, 2015

Senior Trip, Part I

It's a little ridiculous, but I've been meaning to type up what I wrote down about senior year of college's senior cruise trip. And I just finished using up the entire journal, so might as well transcribe it now.

----

May 3, 2013 - Day 1 of Senior Trip

Drove 5.5 hrs from Houston to New Orleans with Dana & Heaven. Heaven got us bagels (blueberry with blueberry cream cheese for me). I forgot to keep the logo.

Stopped off at Taco Bell for lunch (and got the $5 box deal with Dorito Taco Locos).

Made it to New Orleans, seeing a ton of trees in the middle of water (Dana kindly pointing out it's a swamp) along the way.

Parked at a strange park location ON the sidewalk & nearly banging my car against a sing & rode off on a shuttle (i.e. school bus) to the Jazzfest.

As 3 girls who don't listen to jazz, we were there for Maroon 5! Dang that man is hot ^^ [I am a little surprised I wrote that. I suspect being influenced by Dana.]

Realized quickly that we should have brought rainboots. There was hardcore mud everywhere. & it was actually windier & colder than I'd expected from almost summer. Walking gingerly aroudn to avoid mud, we wanted to eat. Lol.

Got a crawfish pie, a crawfish enchilada, & a andouille gumbo. Heaven loved the gumbo seafood & strong spices. Yum. Dana mostly ate the crawfish enchilada (too cheesy for Heaven). I like the gumbo too :)

Got to the concert area for Maroon 5 early and ohmygosh the people. Traffic >.< Just like getting out of Houston. We used our asian small girls power to squeeze through but stopped because of the mud. Ack.... so much mud. We were literally sinking when we stood still. Thank heavens - I love platform flip flops.

I ran back out to go use the restroom (re: porta-potty) & came back with white chocolate bread pudding & crawfish strudel. Good, but probably should have got the gumbo again. [... isn't it "gotten? What is wrong with my grammar?]

But when I got back to the same place... they were gone >.<
So saddd.
Tried calling/texting, but no signal. I just stood around with food in one hand, phone in the other, always going on tip-toes to look for 2 asian girls.

Finally! spotted them after a good 15 minutes sigh. [I also seem to remember dropping my phone in the mud around here too. Was wiping mud off my phone for days after.]

And the concert started!

He sings really well (not as good as Bruno Mars, but still).
But we kept sinking... stupid mud.

Loved it, except for the tall people in front waving their arms and taking pictures.

Left. Not as muddy as I thought as we would turn out.

Went to Zoe's kitchen for dinner even though not hungry.

Chicken rolls were pretty good. Heaven added too much vinegar balsamic to her salad -> she hates sour things. Dana stuffed her face so she can't even remember what she ate (steak sandwich).

Left to the movies to see Ironman 3. So Good!

Back to hotel (Best Westin) to crash and shower. Ah, great start!
Can't wait for the rest ot get here.
And a whole bed to myself! ^^

Cheers to a great fantastic trip! & praying for other's safety when getting here.

-end of first day-

No comments:

Post a Comment